contrast advises on the full range of commercial matters. We support multinational and domestic clients across all sectors in their strategic and high value business projects as well as in their day-to-day commercial law questions. We assist suppliers as well as customers in a B2B-context.
contrast advises on commercial contracts across all sectors and covering the full business spectrum, including sale, supply, subcontracting, agency, distribution, commission, e-commerce, franchising, outsourcing, strategic and development cooperation, licensing, rent, loans, construction and the acquisition or leasing of commercial real estate.
Our commercial contracting services include:
- assisting our clients in the negotiation of their business dealings;
- supporting our clients in settling or litigating their commercial disputes; and
- providing in-house trainings on key aspects of commercial contracting.
contrast is well-known for its experience in all aspects of distribution relationships. Relying on our expertise in Belgian and EU competition law, we assist our clients with all their distribution law related questions, including:
- negotiating, drafting and advising on agency agreements, exclusive, non-exclusive and selective distribution (offline and online) agreements as well as franchise agreements;
- setting up customized multi-jurisdictional exclusive, non-exclusive and selective distribution networks;
- assisting clients with the termination of exclusive distribution agreements in the stringent Belgian law context; and
- all distribution law-related litigation.
contrast has particular experience in supporting franchisors with the roll-out of their franchise network in Belgium, assisting them in their strategic decision-making process as well as their day-to-day dealings with their franchisees.
Our involvement ranges from the pre-contractual phase up to the termination of the agreement, assisting our clients in out-of-court settlements or, where advisable or necessary, in litigation before court.
Given the strategic importance of location for franchise networks in the retail sector, contrast has developed a strong expertise in commercial lease agreements.
contrast is a member of the Belgian Franchise Federation.
contrast has particular expertise as regards the rules on market practices. We advise our clients on a wide variety of questions in this respect, including on
- price indications;
- distance selling; and
- unfair trading practices.
contrast advises on privacy and data protection matters on a daily basis. It has experience in a wide range of privacy and data protection matters, including:
- direct marketing and e-commerce activities;
- compliance programs and policies; and
- notifications of data breaches to the data protection authority.
We represent clients across all sectors and have particular experience in retail.
The lawyers have a unique combination of profound expertise and business acumen.
The Legal 500 EMEA
Our aim is always to help our clients to avoid litigation. We regularly negotiate amicable settlement arrangements having regard to the client’s commercial objectives and the legal and reputational risks at stake.
In case litigation is unavoidable, contrast has a broad experience in litigation, including in seeking and defending summary proceedings. We act for clients in a variety of areas, including unfair trade practices, distribution law and commercial disputes of a contractual nature.
We represent clients before the Belgian courts, as well as in national and international arbitration proceedings (ICC, Cepani, ad hoc).